Benefits of Being a Norma Smiles Graduate
1) Ongoing training opportunities (throughout your career)
- You can call anytime and request a login to take further training for free: End of Life Certification, Dementia Care Certification, etc. We will set a timeframe for you to complete the course/certification and then will provide you a login to the Norma Smiles Academy for that period of time we discuss. At the end you will get a certificate of completion and a new certification to put on your resume.
- Refresher training – If at anytime you need a refresher on tasks such as how to do a bed bath we can give you a temporary login to the courseware to refresh your skills training.
2) Caregiver Support Services
- Come to any of our Champions Circle get-togethers where you will find fellowship with other family caregivers and professionals in the medical field. In addition to fellowship and networking with people in your field, we will provide interesting speakers on topics such as compassion fatigue, managing stress, “putting your oxygen mask on first”, etc.
- We hope to offer retreats for rest and renewal as well in the future
3) Career Support
- If at anytime you need help with your resume, practice with interview questions, or some networking contacts, we are always there for you
- We will help get you placed in a rewarding position through our network of eldercare facilities, home care agencies, home care registries, and private families looking to hire caregivers for loved ones
- Teaching opportunities – as a Norma Smiles graduate, we hope you will want to come back and help others by teaching some parts of our courses or workshops.
4) Scholarship opportunities
- We will offer annual $1000 scholarships for advancement in the field of gerontology. Any Norma Smiles graduate enrolled in an associate’s degree, bachelor’s degree, or graduate level program in the fields of gerontology, long term care administration, social work, medicine, nursing, or sociology at an accredited 2-year college or 4-year university and planning on pursuing a career that involves working with senior citizens can apply for annual scholarship. This is a general scholarship which will award the selected applicants with a financial donation. To apply, Norma Smiles Graduates must complete a 500-word minimum essay on selected topic and sign the Scholarship Award Agreement. Scholarship will be awarded to student who writes the most compelling essay as judged by an outside panel of eldercare professionals.